Frequently asked questions
What type of obligations can be managed in Totum Compliance?
Contracts: Totum Compliance can be used to manage expiry and renewal dates, party contact information and contractual obligations under any type of contract.
Company requirements: Your company policies, processes and procedures can be managed in Totum Compliance.
Standards etc: Any other requirements and commitments from, for example, ISO or other standards or codes of practice etc. can be managed in Totum Compliance.
What type of risks can be managed in Totum Compliance?
If I use Totum Compliance, will I meet the requirements of ISO Standards such as ISO 19600 (Compliance Management Systems), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems), ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety), ISO 31000 (Risk Management) and other ISO standards?
- Totum Compliance demonstrates leadership and commitment by top management in ensuring the integration of the compliance management system into the organisation’s business processes and establishing accountability mechanisms, including reporting on compliance and non-compliance.
- Totum Compliance supports the compliance function in setting in place a compliance reporting and documenting system and providing employees with access to resources on compliance procedures and references.
- Totum Compliance can be used to record and access documented information relating to the compliance management system.
- Compliance obligations (both requirements and commitments) can be added and managed in Totum Compliance.
- Compliance obligations are recorded in Totum Compliance in a way that is central and visible across the organisation, sites and teams as appropriate.
- Totum Compliance’s activity-based compliance management manages the implications of compliance obligations on the organisation’s activities, products and services.
- Regulatory changes can be managed and tracked in Totum Compliance and additionally Totum Compliance can provide a regulatory updating service.
- Totum Compliance reduces the risk of non-compliance by pro-actively managing compliance obligations related to business activities.
- Reporting on compliance status and the status of corrections and corrective actions is made simple in Totum Compliance.
- Compliance obligations can be linked to existing risks or new risks can be immediately identified, assessed and managed in Totum Compliance’s Risk module.
- Recurring tasks can be added for periodic review of compliance and other risks (eg monthly, quarterly etc).
What makes Totum Compliance a smarter compliance management tool?
What is RegTech?
As monitoring, reporting and regulatory requirements grow in, RegTech is allowing companies to respond with technology solutions that are highly accessible and provide real time information. This reduces the risks of compliance breaches, whether they be commercial, operational, health and safety or environment based, allows for better decision making, and provides confidence to shareholders, the community and government agencies.
Totum Compliance’s functionality was initially built around providing a RegTech solution specifically for the oil and gas sector.